CLATSOP ANIMAL ASSISTANCE, INC.
Welcome to Clatsop Animal Assistance. We are located in Warrenton Oregon (just outside of Astoria). Clatsop Animal Assistance, Inc. (CAA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting and providing for the needs of the Clatsop County Animal Shelter’s homeless pets. CAA volunteers work hard to improve the quality of life for these animals, most directly by assisting the Animal Shelter, which has limited resources with which to deal with strays and unwanted pets within Clatsop County.
- CAA pays for veterinary care as well as antibiotics and other critical medicines that aren’t covered in the shelter’s budget. CAA also pays a portion of the spay/neuter fees for animals adopted out of the shelter.
- CAA purchases cat litter and other supplies, and pays for grooming costs not covered by the shelter’s budget.
- CAA supports the shelter’s adoption program, sponsoring promotional ads and holding adoption events.
- CAA maintains an adoption booth at Astoria’s Sunday Market every other week from May through part of September every year.
- CAA is committed to reducing pet overpopulation: we support spay/neuter programs financially and work to educate the public on the importance of spaying or neutering their pets.
More about us All our members are volunteers. We have an open membership, and there are no dues. CAA holds adoption events and fundraisers throughout the year. Much of our work is made possible by your tax deductible donations. You can see a brief explanation of our 2014 expenditures at our Events/News page. A more detailed list of how your money is spent may be obtained upon request or by opening the annual report below. You can also learn more about our events, our adoption success stories, and how to become a volunteer just by clicking on one of the tabs at the upper left. Thank you for your support of CAA and the shelter, and remember: CAA Cares About Animals.
Clatsop Animal Assistance, also known as CAA, is a 501(c) 3 all-volunteer organization dedicated to helping the Clatsop County Animal Shelter’s homeless pets. We support these animals by providing funds to pay for veterinary care, spay/neuter fees, medicines, cat litter, grooming, specialty-diet foods, and other supplies not covered by the shelter budget. We promote the shelter animals by providing advertising and promotional materials and by sponsoring adoption events. CAA helps turn hardship and suffering into happy endings, sending a message of compassion and caring for animals out into the community.
CAA believes in complete transparency in its relationship with government, the public, its sponsors and donors. CAA aligns its practices with this belief by holding meetings open to the public and making financial reports available for the asking.