Want to help shelter animals? There are many ways you can help!
If you’re interested in working directly with the animals at the shelter, there are many ways to help:
- walking dogs
- socializing cats
- transporting animals
- feeding dogs and cats
- cleaning cages
- taking dogs to social events (requires additional training)
- giving baths and brushing
If you’re interested in working directly with the animals at the shelter (walking dogs, socializing cats, transporting animals, etc.), our next volunteer orientation will be held Saturday May 14, 2016 at 10:30 a.m., Friday May 20, 2016 at 2 p.m., and Saturday May 28 2016 at 10:30 a.m. Call the shelter at (503) 861-0737 or for more information.
In addition to working directly with the animals at the shelter, you can help them find homes by:
- writing about dogs and cats for this website and our Facebook page
- taking photos of dogs and cats
- helping to set up fundraising events
- making posters for events
- baking or packaging bake sale items for our annual bake sale
You can download an Volunteer Application on our Contact Us/Volunteer page.